Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Response by the Hon Helen Morton MLC Member for East Metropolitan Region

Mr Nicholas N Chin
387 Alexander Drive
Dianella WA 6059
23 October 2009
Dear Mr Chin
Legal Practice Board: Restriction on Independent Legal Practice
Thank you for your email dated 21 October 2009, outlining your concerns about the conduct of the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia and their decision to place restrictions on your Practice Certificate, thereby restricting your ability to practice as an independent barrister and solicitor.
Please be assured that my staff have provided me with a detailed examination of the issues you have raised. I have also been made aware that your opportunities for review have been utilised – with the decision of the Legal Practice Board being upheld by the State Administrative Tribunal in October 2008, and the Supreme Court (Court of Appeal) refusing to grant leave to appeal in June 2009. As such, two separate bodies have provided an independent review of original decision made by the Legal Practice Board, and effectively upheld the conditions placed on your Practice Certificate.
I have forwarded your concerns to the office of the Attorney-General, who is best placed to deal with any further concerns you may wish to raise. Thank you for taking the time to contact my office.
Yours sincerely
Hon Helen Morton MLC
Member for East Metropolitan Region

1 comment:

  1. If I am not allowed to express my desire to make Australia a truly democratic nation to uphold a public interests, there is no more that I can for this nation I cherish in fulfillment of its multi-cultural interests, then I should just retire and leave this thankless tasks for others to pursue. I just resigned to my fate that the Lord does not permit to pursue it further.... Lord help me to fulfill my desire....

    ReplyDelete